Monday 11 December 2017

Schadenfreude - Development


Process:
I started this symbol by creating the zigzag or 'lightning bolt' within the center. I wanted both sides to be exactly the same so made sure to have rulers on so I could check this. I then made the eyes/ mouths by creating a line and adjusting the thickness. Choosing colours happened to be the most difficult part. I chose red for the 'evil' side as this signifies 'pleasure' and 'danger' and a blue for the other side, which signifies 'sadness'. Though there isn't a huge different between all the blue-grays tried, I'm a bit of a perfectionist and most shades didn't feel right next to the red. It was either too light or too dark or too green, but I got there in the end. Though I made sure the space from the top and bottom edge were the same distance from the center of the lines creating the eyes and mouths (imagine they were joined), the facial features seemed a bit too high. This made it look uneven so I brought them down a little. The final image shows the end result. I actually made this change quite late on- after making all the other symbols digitally. I felt as though the lines were all too close and too sharp so I made the spaces bigger and curved the corners slightly and it now works better alongside the others. I'm happy with this one I think. I just hope the upside down face is visible enough. To try and make it more obvious I am going to animate it to rotate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment