Monday 11 December 2017

Saudade - Development


Process:
This one was actually one of the easiest to make. I simply created the frame which I coloured a grey-blue-green colour. I just wanted this to be quite subdued to reflect the sadness of the definition and to be dissimilar to any other colours as I want each of the symbols to be individual but work nicely as a set. To create the fingers I simply created a long rectangle and curved both of the corners on one side as far as they could go. I then copied this four times to create the other fingers and placed them where I thought they should go- referring back to my rough. I then used the divide tool in the pathfinder window to cut out the finger shapes from the background and deleted the excess. This left a negative space, which reflects the definition as it suggests the notion of something not returning. By using negative space, this could subtly suggest that there is a space left where something once was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment