Tuesday 26 December 2017

Kaapshljmurslis - Development


Process:
This was the final symbol to create and happened to be the most difficult. I knew the concept of this one was to represent the feeling of being cramped on public transport and that I wanted to use shapes for this. I thought using triangles could make this easier so I tried that first. I made one a circle to create an 'individual' and make them seem more like people.. Overall this didn't look right, and the use of the circle make it more complicated that it already seemed. I changed this to triangles as well and it still didn't work well to communicate the definition, I thought. I tried making all of the shapes bigger and closer together, which ended up taking a longer time than expected but again produced a quite average and busy final result. To tackle this I tried using equilateral triangles but had no joy. Another attempt was made by scanning in one of the roughs that looked okay and going round each shape with the pen tool. This ended up being a waste of time as it looked worst that the first few attempts. I tried changing the colours but it looked overly-complicated and messier. Finally, I tried creating shapes with four or five sides and curved the edged quite a bit which gave the effect that they were once rounder and were now being squashed. This worked a lot better! The red-orange was used to represent 'warmth' and 'intensity' but this was a bit overpowering. I changed all but one to grey and I'm so much happier with it now. This might be one of my favourites. 

No comments:

Post a Comment