Monday 11 December 2017

Litost - Development


Process:
I have begun to start working on the digital versions of the symbols. I wasn't sure which rough to choose so I just started to make using vectors. I started by making the shape of a tear. I then lowered the opacity, duplicated it and turned it upside down to create an eye. The first image shows how this turned out I found that the sides of the tear were too straight so when flipped it didn't look how I intended it to. I then tried curving the sides a little and changed the colour of one and it looks much better (I think)! Hopefully it looks like both a tear and an eye- creating a visual metaphor. I then experimented with the sharp lines/ eyelashes which are supposed to represent 'torment'. I kept changing the placement of this to see how it'd look as something seemed a little off. The one with the eyelashes attached on both sides looks a bit like a bug. Thinking back to  a quote from one of my theorist, a symbol shouldn't lend itself to the wrong interpretations, so I got rid of one side of lashes. I then played around with colour. I changed part of the eye to white as there wasn't much contrast, creating a flatter looking image. The white then made the whole symbol quite bright- giving off the wrong connotations as the definition is quite melancholic. The final step was the change the two shapes in blue that make up the tear within the eye to be more similar, as feedback from a peer review suggested it was a bit difficult to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment