Friday 8 December 2017

Chosen Symbols

I went through all of the sketches for the different symbols and chose which ones I thought were strongest. I've selected the ones that I believe communicate the most in the simplest form, but also  represent the necessary information within the definition most effectively. I've chosen 8 symbols in total, which will be applied to various things. Ideas for these are shown below. 


Selected words:
  • Litost (Czech)
  • Schadenfreude (German)
  • Saudade (Portuguese)
  • Gigil (Filipino) 
  • Hygge (Danish)
  • Gokotta (Swedish) 
  • Pochemuchka (Russian)
  • Kaapshljmurslis (Lithuanian) 

I am thinking about putting the images into a publication as well as a poster and postcards. I also want to try animating some of them. Probably not all of them because I struggle with animation- but possible around 5 or 6. I'll keep these quite simple to reflect my theme and leave less room to make mistakes.

Also,

https://www.color-meanings.com/
http://www.empower-yourself-with-color-psychology.com/meaning-of-colors.html


I used the following sites to help me choose/ adjust the colours of my symbols. I used ones that represent not only the definition of each work, but also the tone I was trying to achieve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment