Friday 15 December 2017

Gokotta - Development


Process:
To begin with I made a large circle shape. I found this was too high so I moved it down to where it's placed within most of my roughs for this symbol. I was happy with this placement as I felt it reflected the idea of sunrise well. Only the top of the 'sun' was visible. However, when it came to adding the other elements I realised this placement wouldn't work for the visual metaphor I was trying to create. I needed the bottom edge of the frame to be the centre of the circle as I was going to place a black dot and a 'beak' to mimic the center of a clock and the hands. So, I recreated the circle- (the placement looked fine still). I changed the clocks hands from black to orange as it made it more obvious that this was a beak. Finally, I curved all the edges a bit to make it less harsh. Though this was one of the symbols I wasn't sure about when roughing, I now feel like this is one of my favorites. It just shows how much playing and experimenting digitally makes something easier for me to visualise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment