Wednesday 4 May 2016

Process & More Colour Swapsies

After receiving some feedback in that crit I decided to go back to the children's style drawings of toys with opposite colours. The way in which I've been doing these drawings is by holding the pen in my non-dominant hand and gripping it in my fist as this enabled me less control over the tool. It's actually more difficult that you think! I used colouring pencil and felt tip pens in order to get the same effect as kid's drawings. I feel as though I probably have added certain details that kids wouldn't really pick up on but it was difficult to forget everything I'd learnt over the years and just draw without thinking or studying the subject too closely. I don't think these drawings are too bad but I'm going to try drawing from memory rather than from a picture as I feel this will help in producing something a little simpler and more child-like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment