Wednesday 4 May 2016

Experiment Results- Lydia

Subject: Lydia, Age 6.
Girl/ Boy:
Woman/ Man:

I have analysed the results against other results I've collected but I'll show these on a separate blog post. I will say there were some interesting things found in Lydia's drawings. They weren't actually as stereotypical as I was expecting them to be, however, some stereotypical features are evident. These will be shown in a blog post not far from here. Have a safe journey. (I think I'm going insane.) Anyway, moving on. 

Lydia was enjoying drawing so I asked some more questions. Some outcomes are shown below.
Aspirations: To be a buyer
Favourite Game: Human Robot Wars
Favourite Food: Icecream
Some things I found interesting:
  • Lydia wants to be a 'buyer' when she grows up- meaning she wants to be the person that buys stuff in for shops! I don't really know whether or not this represents the stereotype that girls like shopping? Hmm. 
  • In one drawing the male and female characters are distinguished only by hair. All the bodies are the same (stick figures). 
  • Drawing of a woman shows her wearing a cape! How cool. Influenced by superheroes maybe? Stereotypically more of a male thing to be interested in so this counteracts that theory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment