Wednesday 4 May 2016

Outfits

I thought what the males and females in the drawings were wearing was interesting in my experiment. I decided to pick out the key elements that make up the outfits for each person (boy, girl, man, woman) and simplify these right down into basic shapes. I also switched the colour you'd put with each genders clothing to the opposite colour as I did with the toys as I thought this was interesting. I made detachable heads, one male and one female for each outfit. The outcomes are shown below:
Interestingly, I think the male outfits in pink seem to work with both genders. For example with the first outfit shown, I feel like boys wearing pink and girls playing football is now acceptable in society, however with the next image- the girls outfit in blue- the boys face seems out of place on the body of a girl. This brings me back to the same idea mentioned in the previous post about it being acceptable for girls to play with or use things made for boys, however boys don't tend to use girls stuff. Pete mentioned an article that talked about this idea, but he can't get hold of it unfortunately. I'll see if I can find it online somewhere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment