Wednesday 11 October 2017

Individual Progress Tutorial

Today was my first individual progress tutorial for Cop3. So far I've been struggling with coming up with a question that is concise but represents exactly what I have been researching and thinking about. So, the main focus of today's tutorial was to spend some time figuring out what that could be. 

I have been thinking about the feedback I got in my first group tutorial and the idea to look into the relationship between forms and shapes/ the importance of context, however, I'm not sure this is something I am super interested in. I struggle a little with CoP and have stressed the importance of having to enjoy the subject I am looking into and have realised that I am more interested in the process of simplification and the aesthetics of this

Potential Question:

'How can the aesthetics of simplicity be used to communicate complexity?'

This doesn't mean I am going to fully disregard the previous idea, context with most likely make it's way into my essay as this is an important factor in the functionality of signs and symbols.

Tasks:
  • Research Gestalt Perception - design
  • Research Bruno Munari - Design as Art

No comments:

Post a Comment