Tuesday 24 October 2017

Group Tutorial 2

Today I had a second group tutorial with Jamie and some of my peers. I showed the couple pages of practical work I had done so far and explained how I think I've been too focused on the idea of each symbols being easy to understand by everyone, in a similar way to traffic signs and information graphics. This has caused the symbols to look a bit uninteresting and has also meant that it hasn't been much fun. I think this might be because of the words I had chosen. Instead of just finding a list and going through each one, I picked out words that seemed doable. The feedback from the session was to focus on the practical work for a bit, as my project is very much process-driven. It was suggested that I find a list of verbs and work fast and intuitively, attempting to illustrate a verb an hour. This will give me a bit of a boost and will enable me to find common themes and techniques of simplification that will inform and assist the creation of the rest of the symbols. Furthermore, we discussed not looking into colour as this broadens the focus of the essay too much. I will just be looking at form. 

I also need to make a start on constructing an essay plan. 

Tasks:
  • Find a list of verbs - illustrate 1 per hour
  • Start making an essay plan
  • Research - how metaphors are learnt, shared and work
  • Research - What the role of simplicity is

No comments:

Post a Comment