Saturday 18 February 2017

Study Task 5- Initial Ideas


As I changed my theme and didn't have enough to go off to do this task properly before, I decided to re-do it now. I have begun to plan and experiment in my visual journal. I started by first exploring line within my sketches and then moving on to explore shape and texture with the process of paper cut/ collage in my journal. This was in order to try and produce something contemporary in contrast with the traditional subject matter I am looking into. I was unsure whether or not to do the initial sketches in the given sketchbook as my understanding is that all 70 pages have to be finalised outcomes, so I proceeded to start these in another sketchbook. I aim to further experiment with shape and texture within the journal for a bit as these are things that I want to explore more within my practice any way. I also want to consider the use of colour further down the line, and possibly begin to incorporate other materials and processes.

No comments:

Post a Comment