Thursday 14 April 2016

Random Drawings

I apologise in advance for the awful quality of the images on this blog post.

I did some really quick sketches of ideas I'd picked up whilst carrying out research for my essay as the theme of my visual investigation is fairly similar at the moment. I wasn't sure where to start so I'd figured if I just drew some stuff this might lead to other paths I could take.
These image are really bad drawings of TV brains. I wanted to represent the idea that our brains are constantly being fed information through the media. Research shows that the amount of TV we are watching is gradually increasing over the years, and I feel as though the stuff we are being exposed to through television may affect the way we view the world and may also shape our ideas about certain things i.e. gender and what is socially acceptable.
The images above are my ideas about what has happened to society as a result of what we are being shown through advertisements we see as children. 
This is just a really awful drawing of a gender neutral person. The idea was to draw a person that could be either gender to represent that we don't have to follow what society tells us we have to look or behave like. Be whoever you want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment