Monday 20 March 2017

Unexpected Feelings

The strangest thing has happened. I am actually ENJOYING writing my essay... how unexpected.

I usually find it really difficult to get into cop and the thought of writing an essay always looms over me like a dark cloud for most of the year until I muster up the courage to make a start on it. However, since changing my theme, I'm actually having fun! Fairy tales are something I enjoyed as a child and now researching and finding out more about the psychology behind them is really interesting to me. As a result of this I've collected a good amount of research. This has made it so much easier to actually think about what I want to talk about in my essay and how to go about this. I've made a solid essay plan that I can keep referring to to give me guidance on what to talk about next and even though I've only written about 400 words of it so far, I feel as though it's already better than my first draft and I'm not dreading getting it all done. Waheyy. 

Things I've realised and can take away from this for next time:
  • The importance of choosing a subject you're interested in- it makes the task so much more enjoyable and drives you to want to research more, which in turn makes it easier to find points to write about.
  • The value in taking the time to write a detailed plan- this makes sure that the actual writing of the essay is easier and more efficient. Everything is already there for you, it just has to be fleshed out with some fancy writing and a bit of analysis.
Quentin Blake:
https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/101331060338477806/

No comments:

Post a Comment