Monday 6 March 2017

Mini Introduction

I have written a little introduction for my essay. I wanted to start the essay with the words 'once upon a time' in order to reflect the beginnings of fairy tales. I feel as though upon reading these first words you are able to depict exactly what the essay is about. I also wanted it to be quote descriptive and sound like a fairy tale to portray the way they are written. 


'“Once upon a time” is phrase not uncommon in the world of narrative. It is a phrase that tells one that they are about to hear something enriched with endless fantasy, an enchanting plot and folkloric characters that are both alluring and bizarre. A tale riddled with morality and told with a captivating narrative energy. An utterance traditionally used to begin a fairy tale.
.....

I'm pretty happy with it as a mini introduction. It does what I wanted it to do- entice and make people want to read further, as fairy tales tend to do at the start. I think to begin the next paragraph I need to talk about what I am going to talk about in the essay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment