Thursday 10 August 2017

Semiotics


Semiotics is a key topic to research while investigating the simplification of imagery into simple shapes. It's something that I've not looked into much before (apart from some lectures in first and second year) but I feel would be really beneficial to know more about. 

I popped into the library to get out some books and found a couple on semiotics. As I'm fairly new to the topic and don't specifically know what it is I want to focus on in my investigation yet, I got out - Visible Signs: The Introduction to Semiotics in the Visual Arts (the 2nd and 3rd editions) written by David Crow. Doing some general reading around the subject will help me to understand the topic and give me some ideas into what I want to look into further.

No comments:

Post a Comment