Tuesday 25 October 2016

Change of Plan

I have decided against my original subject choice because I think I might become disinterested in it over time, even if it is quite interesting at the beginning. I want to change my subject to something I know I will enjoy researching into and producing work for over the course of the whole year. I love Disney, and I know it's probably overdone but I'd rather do COP on this. Possible angles to look into:
  • Gender- roles of male and female characters, Traits. Heroes/ Heroines etc. 
  • Audience (Kids)- Lessons/ morals taught etc. 
  • Animation- Traditional (hand-drawn)/ New technology, ect.
  • Genericness (doesn't seem like a word but apparently it is)- nearly all Disney films send the same message. Same type of animation etc. 
I feel as though it could be really interesting to explore animation as a theme. I've heard discussions about whether we still need traditional means of animating (2D) or whether the rise in technological development and methods of 3D animation have taken over/ are the way forward. I found this article arguing why 2D animation should be abandoned- 

http://www.animatorisland.com/why-2d-animation-should-be-abandoned-part-1/

This could be a good starting point? 

No comments:

Post a Comment